76.4 F
McAllen

Community

Valley’s newest Halloween store to hold grand opening Aug. 4 in Brownsville

BROWNSVILLE — The glowing green eyes flare as the rider speaks with chilling and delirious devilry his dark entreaties to visitors who have just entered the realm of the undead.

Wings are champ at Kiri Kiri Korean Fried Chicken

McALLEN — My editor suggested that I write a review about a barbecue restaurant, but then my girlfriend said that she wanted something different.

MXLAN opens 2023 festivities with dancing in the street in McAllen

McALLEN — Vibrant colors of blue, yellow, pink and green hung over a crowd of attendees here at Oval Park as papel picado, a traditional Mexican craft, helped create the lively ambiance of Latin culture.

Edinburg World Birding Center celebrates 20th anniversary with Fairy Fest 

In honor of its 20th anniversary, the Edinburg World Birding Center will celebrate by hosting Fairy Fest 2023 this Saturday. 

Let them begin: Games of Texas in Brownsville through July 30

With Veterans Memorial Early College High School cheerleaders on hand to punctuate the excitement, the city of Brownsville and Texas Amateur Athletic Federal held a press conference Wednesday in the school library to welcome TAAF’s Summer Games of Texas.

Quinta Mazatlan is bringing the Lorax to its trails

The Lorax is coming to Quinta Mazatlan.

Ceremony honors Texas Boys State delegates in RGV following program in June

Texas Boys State delegates participated in reflections presentation and certificates of recognition ceremony recently at Hidalgo County Precinct 1 Conference Center in Weslaco.

Photo Gallery: Edinburg’s FridaFest honors Mexican icon Kahlo

EDINBURG — Lovers of Mexican art, culture and history gathered here Saturday at the courtyard of Edinburg City Hall for the 10th annual FridaFest, which honors iconic 20th century artist Frida Kahlo.

Star volunteer: Red Cross honors Brownsville resident

Nancy Meidinger figures she’s Coconut Jack’s most consistent jet-ski-rental customer, and at 82, definitely the oldest — and probably the only one who knew Elvis and jogged with Willie Nelson.